Revealed: What sparked chaos during Muhoroni Youth versus KCB match


Revealed: What sparked chaos during Muhoroni Youth versus KCB match

Festus Chuma 11:45 - 10.10.2023

KCB coach Bernard Mwalala attacked in violent clash during Muhoroni Youth vs. KCB match, sparking chaos and raising safety concerns.

KCB FC coach Bernard Mwalala found himself at the center of a chaotic and violent incident during the team's match against Muhoroni Youth FC at Muhoroni Stadium on Monday afternoon.

The ill-tempered clash saw tempers flare, scuffles break out, and the match ultimately abandoned in the 90th minute. The Bankers were leading 1-0, with Haniff Wesonga netting the solitary goal in the 33rd minute amidst a goal melee.

However, the game took a dark turn when a goon, putting on a Muhoroni Youth colours , attacked Mwalala in the closing stages of the match.

KCB had taken the lead with Wesonga's goal, but the first half was not without controversy. Muhoroni Youth had fervently appealed for a penalty, which the referee waved away.

The match's tension escalated when KCB defender Nashon Alembi's tackle on Muhoroni FC striker Collins Neto led to a contentious decision by the referee. The Muhoroni bench vehemently demanded more, resulting in scuffles on the field.

In a shocking turn of events, a man wearing a jersey marked with the name Omondi Guya, sitting in the technical bench area of Muhoroni Youth, physically pushed Coach Bernard Mwalala down.

The incident, captured by KCB FC cameras, revealed the alarming level of violence erupting during the match. To add to the chaos, the cameraman was also attacked by a steward who aggressively ordered the camera to be switched off, shouting, "Wee toeni hizi camera hapa.(You, take these cameras away from here)."

Referee Isaac Hamisi took decisive action by stopping the encounter, as the police present at the scene struggled to contain the escalating violence.

The FKF Leagues and Competitions committee is now expected to make a decision on the abandoned game in the coming days, addressing the unprecedented violence and ensuring fair judgment.

As the FKF Premier League enters a two-week international break, the aftermath of this disturbing incident will undoubtedly cast a shadow over the football community.

Fans, players, and officials will await the committee's decision with bated breath, hoping for a resolution that upholds the spirit of fair play and condemns violence in the sport.